Saturday, 29 October 2011

Short Film or Trailer?

After conducting research into both Short Films and Trailers, I have decided that for my coursework piece I would like to produce a short film. This is because, although trailers are short and exciting, I think that I would like my production to reveal a narrative rather than hint at it.

For my coursework production piece, I shall be working with a classmate of mine called Lucy Matthews. I believe that we can work well together as our strengths are within the different areas of production and we both have a similar vision for what we would like the final outcome to be.

Below are two animations that Lucy and I created as a preliminary task to creating our film. This gave us an insight into the aspects of film creation that we would later have to consider for our short film such as props, plot, location, credits etc.

The Doll's House



Melting Snowman



Based upon the research that I have already carried out on short films, I think that the genre we would like convey is horror. This is is a genre that both Lucy and I enjoy and agree upon. Whereas we have different opinions about what makes a film a comedy or a documentary.

I will continue to conduct more research into short films that fall within the genre of horror in order to gain greater knowledge about the conventions present and what methods are effective, so that I can consider adopting them when creating my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment